Beginning March 12, 2022 – masks are encouraged, but not required for all staff, students and visitors in our building. The Dance School has the right to require masks in specific classes or programs. Those registered in classes or programs that require masks will be contacted directly.
TDS staff and all students will have the choice to wear a mask in class, with the expectation that others’ choices will be respected. TDS does not tolerate any bullying or harassment of any kind. There should be no comments or assumptions regarding someone’s decision to wear or not wear a mask.
Please screen for symptoms prior to leaving home.
COVID-19 has a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Any dancer(s) with the below symptoms, a combination of these symptoms or are around someone with these symptoms in the past 48 hours are encouraged to stay home.
- Cough or Sore Throat
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Chills or repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle Pain
- Loss of taste or smell
Please screen your dancer for symptoms prior to leaving home. All classes are available virtually for dancers who are staying home.
When to stay home:
- Anyone who has felt ill or had any symptoms in the past 48 hours – cough or sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills – are required to stay home and should get tested.
- Any dancer or family who has had close contact with someone with COVID-19. (see quarantine below)
- Any dancer who has tested positive for COVID-19 is required to isolate at home, regardless of vaccination status. (see quarantine below)
- If you do not feel comfortable coming into the studio for any reason.
Quarantine Updates – Potential Exposure
Both the Department of Health and the Snohomish Health District made changes to the isolation and quarantine protocol for COVID in K-12 settings.
Quarantine Updates – for Positive COVID test
Quarantine for those who have tested positive for COVID
– Isolation may end 5 full days after a positive test as long as:
- You have isolated for at least 5 days. Day 0 is the day of the positive COVID test and day 1 is the first full day after the specimen was collected for the positive test.
- If you continue to have no symptoms. This applies to anyone with COVID, regardless of their vaccination status.
- If you develop symptoms after testing positive, the 5-day isolation period must start over. Day 0 is now the first day of symptoms.-0
- You are fever free for 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medication and other symptoms have improved.
- AND IF returning to the studio from days 6-10, you are required to wear a well-fitted mask OR test negative any day after day 5 before returning without a mask.
Student Safety & Health Protocol
- Symptoms while at the studio: Any dancer, staff or family who reports or exhibits symptoms while in the studio is required to be immediately isolated from others, sent home, and referred to diagnostic testing as soon as feasible, regardless of vaccination status.
Updated Waiver: All new and returning students to TDS will need to sign or have a parent sign our updated waiver located in the Jackrabbit Portal. This is one of the waivers you will sign when registering your account.
Masks encouraged but not required in Studio: Extra masks are available at the front desk.
Hand Washing Required: All students will be asked to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds upon entering The Dance School. Hand sanitizer is also available throughout the studio and can be used in addition to hand washing. Both restrooms will be available for hand-washing. The kitchen sink located in the back of the lobby is also available as
a hand washing station.
Dressing rooms are open: dancers can also use the restrooms to change in between classes.
Parents: The lobby is currently open to family/friends. We ask to respect all families and visitors by socially distancing if requested, and to rotate standing at the viewing windows so all families can have a chance to see their dancer(s) in class.
Water Bottle: Students are asked to bring their own water bottle with them. The water fountain should be used as a water bottle refill station.
- Social Distancing: The CDC currently recommends schools maintain at least 3 feet of physical distance between students.
- Regular Scheduled Cleaning: Restrooms and the lobby will be cleaned and disinfected multiple times per day. Barres and equipment will be cleaned after each class.
- Available Supplies: Tissues and trash cans will be readily available throughout the lobby, office, and dance studios. Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol will be available throughout the studio and lobby. Soap and running water will be provided in both bathrooms and the kitchen.
- Water Bottle Refill Station: The water fountain is recommended to be used as a water bottle refilling station. Students should bring their own water bottles to class.
- All current TDS staff and students will receive updated COVID protocol announcements if any changes are made.
- Virtual classes will continue to be available for any class in which at least one student or instructor is unable to be at The Dance School. If for any reason the physical location of The Dance School must be closed, all classes will be virtual until we can reopen.
- Please be aware that due to allergies and/or chronic health conditions some of our students may have a natural cough that is unrelated to COVID-19.
Employee and Volunteer Requirements
- All TDS employees and volunteers are vaccinated per Governor’s proclamation 21-14.3. New employees and volunteers will need to show proof of vaccination before working.