We’re so proud of Sam Picart, our Hip Hop Instructor! He won Ellen’s Dance-Off! Congratulations, Sam!!! (click photo to see Ellen’s video)
You can see Sam dance with our TDS students at half-time of The Harlem Globetrotters, at Xfinity Arena on February 14th, 2 pm. For discounted tickets, please contact The Dance School. firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-259-6861. (more details in the previous post). If you can’t attend, please consider purchasing a ticket for one of our financially strapped students.
Sam is a good example of our commitment to excellent education. Each of our instructors has a degree in dance, conservatory training, or extensive professional experience. As a result, we need to pay them accordingly, and we’d like to pay them more. Sam’s a graduate of Cornish in Seattle – and we’re proud that one of our own students received a talent scholarship at Cornish this year.
Please help us build a strong and healthy future for children and dance in Snohomish County. There’s a donate button to your left, a link below, or you can call or email or mail. Every single dollar helps, and your donations are tax-deductible.
Every donation makes a profound impact on The Dance School and our community.
THANK YOU for your past and continued support, we greatly appreciate it!
Our Hip Hop dancers are so excited! Please help support this event by purchasing tickets. If you can’t attend, consider purchasing a ticket for one of our financial scholarship students – thanks!
The Dance Company on Rockefeller auditions are on Sunday, January 10, 2016 1-3 pm.
I Love to Dance! auditions are on Saturday, January 16, 2:30-4 pm.
audition forms are available in the lobby of TDS
The Dance Company on Rockefeller (The DCR) is a contemporary dance company under the direction of Sarah Seder, with participation of guest choreographers and artists.
- registered student at The Dance School
- missing classes & rehearsals can result in termination from the company
- 2nd year of level 3 ballet or higher plus advanced level additional style of dance – jazz, contemporary, tap, hip hop, lyrical
- willingness to participate in fundraising activities like dance camps for younger dancers
- fee (to pay for the instructors) of $150.00
- most rehearsals will be on Sunday afternoons, 3-5 pm, a few will be on Fridays
Anticipated performances include:
- work-in-progress during “I Love to Dance!” on March 5 & 6.
- May 20-22, 2016 – performances during the Everett Dance Festival @ The Dance School
- April performance during Luncheon fundraiser
- June, 2016 – an outdoor site-specific performance
- June, 2016 – an indoor site-specific performance
“I Love to Dance!” is an in-studio performance of original work, coordinated and curated by Mari Engel. The performances are by donation, with reservations recommended. “I Love to Dance!” is an opportunity for our students to express themselves with their own original pieces.
January 16th, 2:30 – 4 pm
Dancers will be provided a specific time slot. They do not have to attend the whole time. Dancers must be warmed up prior to their time slot. Dancers must bring their music on a ipad or iphone or digital device that plugs into the sound system. They will perform their piece or their work in progress at the scheduled time and then are free to leave.
- 10 + y.o. to audition
- Solos – maximum of 2 mins
- Duets – maximum 2-1/2 mins
- Groups of 3 and larger – maximum 3 mins
- TDS class & DCR performances – maximum time TBD
Chosen performers are encouraged to schedule a free 15-minute private with Ms. Engel, to polish their piece. Performers may schedule more time for private lessons with any instructor at the rate of $75/hour.
** please note that the tech and performance dates have changed **
Friday, March 4, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Sat March 5, 7 pm
Sun March 6, 2 pm